Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Fathers day!


I wasn't able to spend the special day with my dad but at least was able to call him and tell him thanks for being such a great Dad. Anyone who knows him has only good things to say. When growing up I could tell him anything and know he would be there to listen. If I needed advice he has been wise with his words. He taught me patience, how to save money, you get what you work for, some times silence is best in situations, that back talking and giving my mom attitude is a big no-no!

He is the kind of man who makes friends quickly, even the men at the gas station knew him by name! (granted he was there each morning purchasing his 64 oz of Dr. Pepper and fritter on his way to work) I always hoped to marry a man just like him, one who was intelligent, loved learning, has wisdom to share, patient (how could a man not learn patience having 4 daughters) respectful, kind, funny, and loved being around his family. I'm so blessed to have been raised by such a man, he has inspired me to be better. I look forward to the day I have children and watch them with their 'Papa D' and be able to learn from him as I have.

Dad~ Thanks for always being there, for never missing my piano concerts, taping every choir and dance performance. For telling me how great I am, teaching me to be the person I am today and who I want to be in the future. You taught me what kind of man I deserve and want in my life. Thank you for never giving up on me, telling me I could do anything I want and be anything I want.
Thanks to him and my mom I have learned what it means to be a good spouse (to be) and a good parent one day.

Love you Dad!

love always,
your sunshine

2 comments:

  1. Look at that cute fat baby!

    And yeah, Dad is pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were a really pretty baby! You look like a little doll. =)
    (Actually, you looked a lot like Swede does, the more I look at that picture...)

    ReplyDelete