Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh how I miss my bubble of living in Utah. My family is there, my friends, I know where everything is and how to get there, I can drive with out sweating from anxiety cause if I miss my turn I still know how to get to my destination. If I'm bored I can call a friend to go and hang out and have some good chats with my mom & dad.



Today was eventful for me. I went out and about by MYSELF yes I drove to my destinations to get hair color and stop off at the mall in Denver with out Ryan. I know, I sound like a pathetic lil girl right now.

On the freeway my gps decides to ''lose connection'' awesome...
Finding a parking spot was a nightmare with one way street here and one way street there. I'm directionally challenged. I'm not gonna lie, I had to text a draft to remember exactly where I parked since I had limited time parking. oh yeah only meter parking unless you want to pay $5 dollars for each half hour in a parking garage.

Thinking of all my friends and fam! love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah, I remember that. =( Three days after we got married, Al and I moved to San Antonio. Getting married, starting a new life and a new job in a new city in a new state - that's a LOT to get used to! For me, it sucked for about 6 months and then I realized I was getting used to everything. So, my advice: get a map of the area to keep in your car in case your gps goes out again (most gas stations have various maps of the city), don't be afraid to ask for directions, do your best to make new friends at church, and most importantly of all: don't compare everything you have now to everything you miss in Utah. And in a few more months you'll realize you're getting used to your new life, too, and you'll be fine! Who knows - you might even come to prefer Denver to Salt Lake, just like I came to prefer Texas to Utah. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry! I so know how you feel! It get's so much easier as time goes on. And Utah becomes a really fun place to visit full of friends and family. And then you'll have all your new friends at home. I agree with teh comment above...the thing that REALLY helps is to get really involved in your ward and try hard to make lots of friends. Invite them over to hang out or to go to a movie! Pretty soon they'll be your best friends! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete