Woo hoo after almost a year I have found a job and working full time again! boo yah!So long freedom of doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, goodbye boredom; complaining there was nothing to do and no where to go because everyone else is busy in school or working. Goodbye to envy for those working making money, adios spontaneous vacations, goodbye to going to bed later..or should I say early each day.
Hellooooo new work wardrobe to come! hello sore feet till you get used to standing in one place for 8 hours, hello to morning and evening traffic some days, hello to bank account growing and not reclining, hello to black and white clothes ever day, hey there stacks and stacks of diet coke for 35 cents each that I can't have yet...oh but just wait only another month till I can drink a little bit of you. ugh hi to you too hair splinters in feet, fingers and clothes, hellew to all of my new staff that I look forward to working with (yay no drama!) hello to meeting new clients and building more each day I hope!
Today was my first day back at a salon and am so blessed to have found a job where the atmosphere is wonderful, in a great area with lots of walk ins, only 20 minutes from my house. For the first few months being out of work was fun I loved the freedom, I enjoyed kicking back and relaxing and not doing hair 40 hours plus every week. But the last 6 months have been awful looking for a job, I have been praying and fasting to find something. heck I was getting to the point last week if I didn't find something soon I was just going to walk over to the nearest fast food restaurant and apply (no offense to those who work there, just would suck from going to beauty school to waste that and work for a company that has nothing to do with hair.)
I have some clients that still live further away from my new salon that I will stick to going to their homes because they are that awesome to me :D
Congrats!!! Hip Hip Hoorray. However, you didn't mention anything about where you are working now. LOL.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jannali! That is wonderful. I am so happy for you. What salon are you working at? You will have to let me know how it goes. Sure glad there is no drama there. That is always the best to not have. I can not work in a Salon with drama!
ReplyDeletemy bad! haha. It's at a fantastic Sam's salon. Definitely looking forward to Saturday to see how busy they are, one good thing about corporate salons that have cheaper hair cuts is lots of walk in's :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jannali! Freedom is fun but I totally get how having a job makes you manage your time and gives you balance! Oh and money ha ha! Good luck and keep us posted!
ReplyDeletei have worked for fantastic sams before which one you working at! you will like it! you can make good good money there!!!!! welcome back to the world of HAIR SPLINTERS! HAHAHA
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWhere is it? I may stop in for a cut. :)
ReplyDelete